So, lets start the show.
About 20 minutes.
• Chicken wings (4 pieces) *divided into two
• Salt (1/4 tps)
• Chicken seasoning cubes (1 cube)
• Cayenne pepper (1 tps)
• Garlic powder (1/2 tps)
• Corn flour (2 Tbsp)
• Oil (enough to deep fry)
• Chilli sauce (1 Tbsp)
• Chilli flakes (1 tsp)
• Ketchup (1/2 cup)
• Mustard (1/4 tsp)
• Honey (1 Tbsp)
1. Divide each chicken wing into two by the joints to give 8 pieces.
2. Season the chicken with all the spices and herbs and leave to marinate for about 30 minutes or more in the refrigerator.
Tip: Season a day before to allow all the spices infuse into the chicken.
3. Coat the wings with the corn flour.
4. Heat a generous amount of oil in a large sauce pan or wok. Ensure the oil is hot enough.
Tip: Test with a piece of chicken, if the chicken floats to the top and sizzles when immersed into the oil then it is hot enough.
5. Fry evenly for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken turns golden brown after which it is placed into a strainer to drain the excess oil.
6. In a large pan or wok combine all the ingredients for the Bbq sauce and stir together on low heat. Add a little water and allow to simmer for a minute or two.
7. Put the fried chicken into the pan with the sauce and toss until it is evenly coated.
8. Turn off the heat then it is ready to be served.
Recipe : Mololuwa Dawodu, CEO of Cuisine Boulevard, an online catering services that offer delectable dishes at an affordable price. She is also a vendor at SociaLiga events
Instagram : @cuisineboulevardng
Photography & Branding : RedBoxx is a brand development agency with a focusing on creating simple consistent content that create and maintain brands.
Instagram : @MyRedBoxx