#CraveFactory is SociaLiga’s food corner. From recipes to reviews to any random talk about food, we have you covered right here. Today we are serving this Banana Pound Cake or Banana Infused Pound Cake or Banana Flavored Pound Cake! We are sha serving!!!!
There is something about the variety of vegetables we are using in this recipe that is really lovely. I personally don’t cook them for too long because I love them crunchy and also more nutrients are retained as opposed to overcooking them.
So, lets start the show.
About 90 minutes.
Turmeric Special Fried rice
– Indian basmati rice (1 cup)
– Carrot (1 medium sized)
– Sweet corn (1/4 cup)
– Green pepper (1/4 medium sized)
– Onions (1 small sized)
– Spring onions (1 leaf)
– All purpose seasoning (2 tsp)
– 1 Chicken frank sausage
– Light Soy sauce (1 tsp)
– Oyster sauce (1 tsp)
– Sesame oil (just a dash)
– Chilli flakes (1/2 tsp)
– Turmeric (1/4 tsp)
– Salt to taste
Chicken in Chilli
– Chicken breast (100g)
– Green bell pepper (1/4 medium sized)
– Yellow bell pepper (1/4 medium sized)
– Red bell pepper (1/4 medium sized)
– Onions (1/4 medium sized)
– Carrot (1/2 medium sized)
– Dark soy sauce (1/2 tsp)
– Oyster sauce (1 tsp)
– Chilli sauce (2 Tbsp)
– Chilli flakes (1 tsp)
– Garlic clove (1 clove)
– All purpose seasoning (1 tsp)
– Corn flour (1 tsp)
– Salt to taste
It might seem complex [to add the sauce] but it really isn’t. I certainly love the variety of vegetables and I personally don’t cook them for too long because they are best when crunchy. Also more nutrients are retained as opposed to overcooking them.
1. Wash the rice and set aside in a bowl after draining the water.
2. Pour a generous amount of water into a pot and bring to boil at medium heat.
3. Add the rice into the pot and boil until al dente (not too soft).
4. While the rice is cooking set out the vegetables and dice the onions, carrots green pepper, and spring onions. Dice the chicken sausage and set aside.
Tip: other types of protein such as chicken breast, beef fillet and prawns can also be used.
4. Drain out the excess water and rinse off with cool water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
5. Add oil into a wok or large sauce pan on medium heat.
6. Add the onions and diced chicken sausage into the pan and stir with a wooden spoon.
7. After which the carrots, sweet corn and green pepper are added into the pan while stirring.
8. Add the rice, soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chilli flakes, all purpose seasoning, turmeric along with a dash of sesame oil *very little sesame oil is needed.
9. Continue stirring until all the rice is well combined.
10. Reduce to low heat and cover with a tight lid for about 5 to 10 minutes.
11. Turn off the heat and It is ready to be served.
1. Cut the chicken breast into small cubes.
2. Season with all the spices and set aside in the fridge to marinate for about 30 minutes or more.
Tip: This can be done a day before to infuse the spices some more.
3. Dice the peppers and the onions into small even squares. Dice the carrot into thin round slices and set aside.
4. Add some oil into a sauce pan or wok at medium heat. Mince a garlic clove and add into the pan till it sizzles.
5. Pour in the seasoned chicken breast pieces and stir continuously until all the sides are cooked evenly.
6. Add the Chilli sauce and soy sauce into the pan and continue to stir. Reduce the heat.
7. Mix the cornflour with half a cup of water then add into the pan. Combine with the chicken and allow to boil till bubbles begin to appear.
8. Add in the diced onions, green pepper, red pepper and yellow pepper.
9. Allow to simmer for about two minutes then turn off the heat and it is ready to be served with the rice.
Tip: The vegetables were added last to avoid it getting over cooked or too soft. The vegetables could also be added before the corn flour mixture.
Recipe : Mololuwa Dawodu, CEO of Cuisine Boulevard, an online catering services that offer delectable dishes at an affordable price. She is also a vendor at SociaLiga events
Instagram : @cuisineboulevardng
Photography & Branding : RedBoxx is a brand development agency with a focusing on creating simple consistent content that create and maintain brands.
Instagram : @MyRedBoxx
From foreign objects in their food to time wasted, five Nigerians shared their experiences...
For weeks, Nigerians across the country have been calling for an end of abuse...
What’s going on? Yesterday, the Edo State Government announced the imposition of a 24-hour...