Where are my pasta lovers? Spaghetti bolognese is a famous Italian dish and so it includes some Italian herbs such as Basil and Oregano. Very enjoyable and kids really love it as well. It’s really great for Lunch or Dinner.
About 30 minutes.
– Spaghetti pack (1/4 pack)
– Salt to taste
– Water to boil
– Beef mince (125g)
– Tomatoes (5 medium sized)/ 1 can crushed tomatoes.
– Tomato purée (1 tsp)
– Onions (1/2 medium sized)
– Chilli flakes (1 tsp)
– Cayenne pepper (1 tsp)
– Oregano (1/4 tsp)
– Basil (1/4 tsp)
– 1 Bay leaf
– All purpose seasoning/ Beef bullion (1 tsp)
– Garlic cloves (1 clove)
– Salt to taste
1. Dice or blend the tomatoes and set aside.
2. Drizzle a pan with oil and put it at medium heat.
3. Crush and mince the garlic clove, dice the onions and add into the pan as soon as it gets hot.
4. Add the beef mince into the pan and stir constantly
Tip : Stir until the colour of the beef changes from pink to brown.
5. Add all the spices into beef and continue stirring.
Tip : Reduce the heat to get the best out of the spices
6. Add the tomatoes and tomato purée into the pan and stir to combine.
7. Add the bay leaf and leave to simmer for 20 minutes
Tip : You can let it simmer until the sauce as reduced properly and becomes thicker.
8. Serve with cooked spaghetti.
1. Place sufficient amount of water in a medium sized pot.
2. Bring to boil then add the uncooked spaghetti into the pot.
3. Add very little oil and salt if required.
4. Cook till the spaghetti has gotten soft but is still al dente.
5. Serve along with the Bolognese sauce.
Recipe : Mololuwa Dawodu, CEO of Cuisine Boulevard, an online catering services that offer delectable dishes at an affordable price. She is also a vendor at SociaLiga events
Instagram : @cuisineboulevardng
Photography & Branding : RedBoxx is a brand development agency with a focusing on creating simple consistent content that create and maintain brands.
Instagram : @MyRedBoxx